RE: More on Octave 2.1.36 for Windows

From: abarto
Subject: RE: More on Octave 2.1.36 for Windows
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:23:06 -0300

Excelent!

I really don't want to make this a "project". It's just something I made so the
local teachers
don't have an excuse to install illegal copies of Matlab. Everything I need is
already on my
package. The things I've been adding was just "extras" that I felt were
necessary to make it a
little more useful. I won't add more features to it (other that the usual
optimizations).

The only feature that would be nice to add is more Matlab compatibility but I'm
not a Matlab
user so I can't do much about it.

On 22 Aug 2002 at 19:42, Julian DeMarchi wrote:

> Just to make it public, I'm 95% through and in the testing stage with a new
> Windows installation based on Inno Setup.  I would not be surprised if any of
> you out there thought however that Matlinks support for Windows-based Octave
> was dead, since this is long overdue.
>
> It's quite serendipitous that Agustin released his own new-and-much-improved
> version based on the NSIS setup compiler.  This should see you through the
> interim and perhaps beyond.  I'm actually hoping that this is the case,
> because with a stopgap in place there may be more time to add some of
the features I'm still coming up with, including the ability to select
installation components (to reduce download & install time) and alternatives
(exempli gratia, different plotters).