matrix with 3 indices

From: scherer
Subject: matrix with 3 indices
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:23:32 -0500

Dear Sir
I am using OCTAVE as a programming language in a course on computational

methos of Physics. At the moment I am teaching molecular dynamics: on a
rectangular
lattice of cells I need two indices to specify each cell and a third
index to enumerate
the atoms in the cell. In MATLAB I would simply create a matrix A with
elements
A(i, j, k), but this feature is apparently not suported by OCTAVE. Is
there an alternative?
Thanks for your answer.
Claudio Scherer