Re: Octave+gnuplot on W2K: was [Re: Octave on XP]

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: Octave+gnuplot on W2K: was [Re: Octave on XP]
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:14:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, LUK ShunTim wrote:
> 3. Unfortunately, the pgnuplot.exe pipe that comes with Andy's package
> won't work. I followed Philip Nienhuis's advice
>
>       http://octave.sourceforge.net/Octave_Windows.htm#Step6
>
> and used pipe-gnuplot instead. That is, the file "octaverc" in
> /usr/share/octave/site/m/startup needs to be modified.
>
> Caveat: I did this on *W2K*. Maybe XP/W9x works out of the box.

This is interesting. I used pipe-gnuplot.exe for my octave-2.1.35 build,
but moved to pgnuplot.exe for 2.1.36 because

1) It seemed the "modern" thing to do. It is distributed with gnuplot
2) I can't find the sources for pipe-gnuplot anywhere.
3) It seemed to work fine for me on both w2k and xp.

However, this now makes 2 bug reports for pgnuplot.exe not working.
If anyone else has bug reports, then please send them to me.

As it is, I'll probably move back to pipe-gnuplot for my next
octave cygwin build. (I'll also try to get it onto the cygwin
mirror sites to make it even easier to install)

Also, if anyone was windows specific feature requests, then
send them to me. (I just might implement something). Right now I'm
adding some octave interfaces to Win32 gui functions like
MessageBox etc. These will be in octave-forge/extra/Windows

While I'm at it; I've noticed that you can't include
both <windows.h> and <octave/oct.h> in the same file.
You need to create wrapper functions to put the includes
into different files.

andy
Andy Adler,                address@hidden