reading matrix of unknown dimensions from file.

From: Martijn Brouwer
Subject: reading matrix of unknown dimensions from file.
Date: 01 Jul 2002 10:11:50 +0200

Hi,
I often have to read measurement data consisting of three columns.
Sometimes they are stored in a three column file, sometimes in the first
3 columns of a 7 column file. Until now I am using
fscanf(fid,"%f",[N,Inf]) to read these data,which has the disadvantage
that I have to adjust the value of N to the file I want to read.
Is there a possibility to read a matrix with unknown dimensions from
file? I MatLab you can do this simply with load('filename') and in
scilab with read('filename'). I would highly appreciate this
possibility.
I am using 2.0.16

Bye,

Martijn