Re: Re: Integer Calculation

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Re: Integer Calculation
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:15:34 -0400

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:00:35AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Thanks to Paul Kienzle for his hint !
>
> But there one new question about integer arithmetic.
>
> For unsigned values I need a operation which does 0x0000 - 1 = 0xffff
> (16Bit)

Try:

  r = x - floor(x./0x10000).*0x10000;

This should do the correct thing for negative numbers.  It is available
as mod.m in octave-forge (http://octave.sf.net).

> Is there no way to define a 16Bit (or 32Bit) signed/unsigned Variable
> ?????

The sample program examples/make_int.cc provides an integer type.  You
could modify it to do what you want.  For some reason I had to comment
out the line
        octave_value not (void) { ... }
but other than that it works.

Note that this is a very limited example.  There is considerable work
required to turn this into something which does modulo arithmetic on
matrices.