Re: Octave wiki? (was Re: Passing Values)

From: Laurent Jacques
Subject: Re: Octave wiki? (was Re: Passing Values)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 19:06:25 +0200

On Saturday 01 June 2002 17:08, Paul Kienzle wrote:
> Anyone want to set up an Octave wiki so that responsible folk can summarize
> the results of their query for all to see and update?  It works for the
> Tcler's (http://wiki.tcl.tk).
>
> Source-forge supports wiki, so we could do it there.  Some instructions are
> at:
>
>    http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/PhpWikiOnSourceForge

There is also the WikkiTikkiTavi project which is very good:
http://tavi.sourceforge.net/

I have set up this wiki at my work for collaborative linux help pages and it
works very well. It is also very simple to configure (less than 5 minutes).

It is based on php, mysql, and the installation scripts are written in perl
with the DBI and DBD::mysql modules.

There is a simple textual syntax that you can use to render titles and
subtitles, bold face, itemizing, enumerating, sectioning, simple table, ...

Bye,

Laurent.