Octave wiki? (was Re: Passing Values)

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Octave wiki? (was Re: Passing Values)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 11:08:29 -0400

Anyone want to set up an Octave wiki so that responsible folk can summarize
the results of their query for all to see and update?  It works for the
Tcler's (http://wiki.tcl.tk).

Source-forge supports wiki, so we could do it there.  Some instructions are
at:

   http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/PhpWikiOnSourceForge

I tried to set it up but I seem to be missing something.

Maybe another octave-forge developer could have a go at it?

Or maybe someone could set something up on another site?

These sorts of things work best with an editor who has time to organize
what is available.  I am not that person.

Whatever you do, be sure that the content is backed up and movable to
another site.  No matter what we may think of VA Software (or whatever it
is called today), there's no telling what may become of source-forge after
a takeover.  [No, I'm not privy to any secrets, just paranoid.]

Also be sure that all contributors know that the entire wiki is modifiable
and redistributable under some sort of public document license.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden