tk_octave xauth and examples

From: jfl
Subject: tk_octave xauth and examples
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

Below is a copy of the error message.  The third.m file is a variation
of the tk_octave Tk_me simple start/stop counter example.  It works
fine when logged onto the machine cuba.  It doesn't work when I rlogin
or SSH2 into cuba.  Note that the command sombrero(100) does work fine
whether on console or remote so the problem seems to be in tk_octave.
Probably a config problem but other than setting DISPLAY and xhost +, I
don't know what to do.

I searched in the help for tk_octave and X or X11 or xauth and nothing
was found.

Separate issue, the Tk_me screenshot of the sombrero+menu is nice but the
examples and demos I have don't put it all together.  Does anybody
have a complete example or was that left as an exercise to the student?

Copy of error message and octave version:

cuba:{/home/tk_octave-0.3.0/demos}: octave third.m

GNU Octave, version 2.1.36 (i686-pc-linux-gnu).
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 John W. Eaton.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Report bugs to <address@hidden>.

WISH = wish
Error in startup script: X server insecure (must use xauth-style
authorization);
command ignored
    while executing
"send $octave_interp to_octave interp_name="[tk appname]""
    (file "/tmp/oct-u86n61" line 4)