Revealing gnuplot input?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Revealing gnuplot input?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:12:55 -0500

On 20-May-2002, Tom Kornack <address@hidden> wrote:

| Thanks very much to the developers for maintaining such beautiful
| software. I use it daily.
|
| I'm a relatively inexperienced octave user running on Mac OS X with
| Aquaterm. It's a spectacular combination for this platform. My code
| works just fine when I set my terminal to x11. However, I would like to
| use the multiplot commands with Aquaterm, and I'm running afoul of the
| Aquaterm adapter. How can I see the gnuplot script that it's trying to
| run when I invoke the octave wrappers? I'd like to bring the issue to
| the Aquaterm developers. Has anyone run into a similar problem?

If you want to see what commands Octave is sending to gnuplot try

  gnuplot_binary = "tee /tmp/some-file | gnuplot"

before any plot commands, then Octave will send the plot commands to
/tmp/some-file and gnuplot.  When you are done with your plotting
commands, you can look at /tmp/some-file and see what commands were
sent to gnuplot.

jwe