saving ranges (was -mat-binary (was : Re: saving structs))

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: saving ranges (was -mat-binary (was : Re: saving structs))
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 13:50:54 -0500

I am returning lag as type "range" rather than type "matrix".  Apparently
ranges are only supported for ascii in load/save.  To convert a range into
a matrix you must wrap it with [...].

Returning a range is probably an error on my part.  Most operations on
ranges first convert them into vectors and operate on the vector, so
returning a range saves some memory if it is not used, it is neutral
if it is used once, and it cost some time if it is used many times.
I will change xcorr to return a matrix instead.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden