Re: Reading netcdf files

From: Mark Esplin
Subject: Re: Reading netcdf files
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:34:45 -0500

Paul,

        Thanks for the reference to http://octave.sf.net/  I am sorry I wasn't
aware
of it before.  I tried searching "site:www.octave.org netcdf" on google, but
didn't find anyone who has a general NetCDF toolbox for Octave.  In fact most
of the posts to the help-octave list were people looking for a solution.  The
only solutions that I found was writing c/c++ programs and converting them to
".oct" files.  Rafael Laboissiere wrote one called ncsave.cc to write netcdf
files and I will attach one called ncrdvar.cc to read a netcdf file.  We
could improve these extentions a bit if it would be useful, but I don't know
how to write a general NetCDF toolbox.  I didn't look at using the mex
interface, since I didn't think the regular octave, version 2.1.34 has it
implemented.

              Mark Esplin