Variable argument list: pairs

From: D. Stimits
Subject: Variable argument list: pairs
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:58:54 -0700

I'm wondering if there is a simple means to pass arguments to a variable
argument list, in which each value is a pair (matrix, 1x2). I'm thinking
of xy coordinates passed in pairs. The original data is an unknown
number of rows, each row having 2 columns for x and y. I can pass this
data through normal variable argument list mechanisms, but then it
serializes it. I'd have to reconstruct the matrix form this way, and
also validate that data had arrived with an even number of values. Does
this require me to use more archaic means, such as a global variable
which is a matrix already, to avoid going through argument passing?

D. Stimits, address@hidden