# and % in Ascii matrix files

From: Michael Pronath
Subject: # and % in Ascii matrix files
Date: 12 Oct 2001 13:59:49 +0200

 Do the symbols "#" and "%" for comments always mean the same?
 When I write a Ascii data file from another program and I want
 to read it into octave with "load", there is a difference:
 If I use "#" as a comment sign in the data file

   # name: s
   # type: matrix
   # rows: 200
   # columns: 11

 then I can put more than one matrix into a file.  If I use "%" instead:

   % name: s
   % type: matrix
   % rows: 200
   % columns: 11

 it works only for a single matrix per file.

 Is this intended?

 Michael