Dynamically Linked Functions, Cygwin and Octave

From: Craig Stoudt
Subject: Dynamically Linked Functions, Cygwin and Octave
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 06:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone had any success creating oct files with
cygwin running on windows?

I am currently running Cygwin version 2.78.2.9 on
Windows 2000.  I successfully compiled and installed
octave 2.1.31 on my system using cygwin.

When I try to compile a dynamically linked function as
described in the octave manual (octave_12.html) I get
numerous error messages of the following form:

/usr/local/include/octave-2.1.31/octave/str-vec.h:37:
undefined reference to `octave_value::list_value(void)
const'

There are lots of variations on the h-file, and the
undefined reference.

I have the same problem when I try to install the
matcompat package

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1