Re: Install Problems Windows Version of OCTAVE

From: Roberto Hernandez
Subject: Re: Install Problems Windows Version of OCTAVE
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:38:08 -0300

None of the install processes for the Windows version of Octave work properly
on machines with non-English distributions of Win. More specifically, they
don't work properly on machines where the command "dir" results in the word
"Directory" in any other language.

I have made a fix for version 2.1.31 (the one you have), but you need to
download:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/matlinks/octave-windows-dev-2000oct25c.zip
(about 7 Mb)
The patch only works when you install to path names without spaces in them.

I also made a patch for version 2.1.33, which you can download from
http://members.localnet.com/~tomcw/ (about 17 Mb)
This patch works with any path name.

Although the newer version is a big download, I recommend it. Texinfo, which
is used for the help system works correctly on this version, not so for
version 2.1.31.

Let me know what you decide on and I'll mail you the corresponding patch.

- Roberto