Re: thoughts on octave version 2.2 ?

From: A S Hodel
Subject: Re: thoughts on octave version 2.2 ?
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 17:13:45 -0500

Octave is maintained by its users; as such, these improvements come out
when its developers have time, inclination, and interest in these features.
Some items will probably not happen (Matlab C-mex files are a moving target,
as is strict matlab compatibility in general).  Others (cell arrays, etc.)
are in progress; take a look at the octave-help and octave-maintainers
lists.

As far as your question on Octave 2.2: It probably won't anytime soon.  John
Eaton, the primary Octave developer, is moving is somewhat different
directions
after running this ship for nearly 10 years, and so the involvement of
interested
users is that much more critical.