Re: Some trouble with gcc-3.0

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: Some trouble with gcc-3.0
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:40:19 -0500 (CDT)

On 20 Jun 2001, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> It's doesn't have all the bells and whistles of gcc 3, but it's a lot
> more battle proven  and has a good performance increase over gcc 2.95.x for
> Alpha, in addition to being more C++ compliant (and because of it
> being more compliant, you'll need octave 2.1)

FYI, here's some info for those who want to use GCC 3.0 with Octave. The
development sources have been gcc3-ready for some time now; a few small
glitches showed up after gcc-3.0 official release, and just sent off the
patches to octave-maintainers list.

I may have broken the support for RH gcc-2.96 however (it all depends on
which libstdc++ v3 snapshot RH gcc-2.96 is using), so I'd appreciate if
an RH 7.x user can test it out.

Regards,
Mumit