Standalone C++-programs using liboctave

From: Sven Marnach
Subject: Standalone C++-programs using liboctave
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 21:28:32 +0200

Hello!

I wish to write a C++ program using the octave C++ classes.  I tried
statically linking simple test program with liboctave.a.  The linker
complained lots of unsolved references, though nm reported these
symbols defined in liboctave.a.  (I even recompiled liboctave.a)

I'm using the potatoe i386 release of debian.  (Compiler g++ 2.95.2,
octave 2.0.16)

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?  Are there any examples
of C++ programs using loboctave?  (Or isn't that the way liboctave is
meant to be used?)

Thanks,
Sven
Heidelberg, Germany