Re: I need help compiling on Mandrake 8.0

From: Menaka Lashitha Bandara
Subject: Re: I need help compiling on Mandrake 8.0
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:44:57 +1000

Thomas Stuart wrote:

Hi

I just installed Mandrake 8 and now I want to get some work done. However, neither old RedHat RPMS nor compiling myself seems to work. When I run .../configure I get several messages like this in the config.log. In desperation I have installed the glibc 2.1 compatibility libraries, but I can't seem to find a way to force configure to ignore the glibc 2.2.2 ones.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Thomas

Mandrake is a bad idear, unless you can get hold of a *mdk.i586.rpm.

THe reason that most RPMS don't probably work with your mandrake system is because Mandrake sets default architecture to i586, whereas other RPMS are generally i386.

If compilation doesn't work... your only hope would be to grab the Mandrake RPMS... from someone who has successfully compiled it...

Have you tried www.rpmfind.net. I'm sure the'll have octave-x.x-mdk.i568.rpm

Good luck

\LaShI