what to include for .oct files?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: what to include for .oct files?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:32:53 -0500

On 23-Apr-2001, Stef Pillaert <address@hidden> wrote:

| Hello,
| I'm trying to make a few .oct functions, and I have  2 questions:
| 1)quite a while ago, I had this question on the
| bug-list (it was on 2.1.30, but it still seems the same with 2.1.34):
|
| ======================================================
| | ** to compile some of my old functions, I had to change in oct-shlib
| |       "include <oct-time.h>"
| |      "include <octave/oct-time.h>"
| |      to avoid warnings of not finding this include file in the path.
| ======================================================
|
|  and JWE answered:
|
| ================================================
| This is not really a bug, it's just the way things work now.
| ================================================
|
| I'm trying to understand things a bit better now:-)

I think what I meant was that the normal way for octave include files
to be included was with the octave/ prefix.

| Does this mean that I should actually change
| oct-shlib? Or should I just ignore the warnings? But what do they mean?
| Shouldn't oct-time be included when including oct.h in the .cc functions? Or
is
| it discourageable to include oct.h?

Including octave/oct.h should include nearly every one of Octave's
include files, but it has probably not been kept completely up to
date.  It would be nice if someone could figure out what files are
missing and submit a patch.

jwe