patches for 2.1.34

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: patches for 2.1.34
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:17:28 +0100

  Hello,

  for whoever is interested, I've put my usual patches out :

octave-2.1.34.leval.patch
-- Patch for a 'leval' built-in function.

   res = leval ("funcname", arglist)

   Where "funcname" is the name of a function and 'arglist' is a list
   variable. "funcname" is called with all the elements in 'arglist'
   as arguments.

   This is the same as

   res = eval (["funcname", "(",               \
                   nth(arglist,1),",",          \
                   ...,",",                     \
                   nth(arglist,length(arglist)),\
                   ")"]);

   but quicker. This function is used in the optimization functions
   on my homepage.

octave-2.1.34.kron.patch
--- Built-in 'kron' function. Speed-up wrt. to original is more or
    less a factor of 5.

octave-2.1.34.exist.patch
--- Patch so that 'exist' functions may accept to be called as
    'exist("myvar","var")'. It will return 1 if there is a variable
    called myvar and zero otherwise. The advantage over
    'exist("myvar")==1' is speed : the later checks for functions and
    files called "myvar" and that takes time.