This sounds intresting Sir..

From: Sengupta Sourav
Subject: This sounds intresting Sir..
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

Sir,

I have added the following line in  wavread.m as..

function [sig, sf, bits] = wavread(wavfile , siz)

if i now run debugf i get the foll error !!
octave:1> debugf
error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt

now..

if i add the line in wavread.m as..

function [sig, sf, bits] = wavread(wavfile [, siz])

and now if i run debugf.. i get this..

octave:1> debugf
parse error near line 15 of file
/home/sourav/octave-2.0.16/wavread.m

>>> function [sig, sf, bits] = wavread(wavfile [,
siz])
                                              ^

error: evaluating index expression near line 11,
column 13
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 11,
column 12
error: near line 11 of file
`/home/sourav/octave-2.0.16/debugf.m'
error: evaluating expression near line 1, column 1

where line 11 of debugf.m is
[x,fs,bits] = wavread('/home/sourav/clip.wav');

if i add the line as..

function [sig, sf, bits] = wavread(wavfile (, siz)) or
as..
function [sig, sf, bits] = wavread(wavfile)

even then i get a memory exhausted error !

I am out of my depth..again hoping that you can solve
this problem.

Thnaking you for all the help accorded..

Regards

Sourav Sengupta
ps: i'm attaching BOTH the files , if you want to see
them
also plz note: the file debugf.m is recognized as a
DOS file, as is written by the subscript line
in the vi editor.

=====
Sourav Sengupta