Kind Attention sir..

From: Sengupta Sourav
Subject: Kind Attention sir..
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 01:02:54 -0700 (PDT)

Sir,

As you have said i've made the file
/home/sourav/.octaverc and in that i've put the single
line..
LOADPATH=["/home/sourav/octave-2.0.16//:", LOADPATH];

now, i've also copied all the functions previously in
/root/matcompat/ to /home/sourav/octave-2.0.16/ as
that is the name of my octave directory.

Now when i say debugf
(located in /home/sourav/octave-2.0.16/) i get the
following error message..

octave:1> debugf
wavread is the file:
/home/sourav/octave-2.0.16/wavread.m

(ERROR IS:)

 WAVREAD  Load Microsoft Windows .WAV format sound
files.

  [sig, sf, bits] = wavread(wavfile [, siz])

        sig : signal
         sf : sampling freq.
       bits : the number of bits per sample
    wavfile : file name
              (The ".wav" extension is appended if no
extension is given
        siz : 'size' returns the size of the audio
data
            : [N1 N2] returns only samples N1 through
N2

Additional help for builtin functions, operators, and
variables
is available in the on-line version of the manual.
Use the command
`help -i <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on
the WWW
at http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/octave.html and via
the
address@hidden mailing list.
error: `x' undefined near line 12 column 21
error: evaluating expression near line 12, column 21
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating index expression near line 12,
column 14
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 12,
column 13
error: near line 12 of file
`/home/sourav/octave-2.0.16/debugf.m'
error: evaluating expression near line 1, column 1
octave:1>

I really don't know, how there's an error in line 12
of debugf, I'M ATTACHING THE DEBUGF FILE FOR U TO SEE.

Please give me some help as am up against a deadline,
and no matter waht i canb't seem to get this thing to
run this file!!

Looking forward to your reply and help.

Regards,

Sourav Sengupta

--- Paul Kienzle <address@hidden>
wrote:
> First, it is not advisable to do everything as root.
>  Create yourself
> a user account, and use that instead.
>
> Second, it is not advisable to alter the installed
> tree of a package.
> If you then install a newer version of the package
> all of your alterations
> will be lost.  Instead, create .octaverc in your
> home directory (preferably
> not /root), and put in it
>
>       LOADPATH=["/home/<userid>/octave//:", LOADPATH];
>
> Then put all your private functions in ~/octave.
>
> To answer your question, debugf that you have not
> included call wavread
> with the wrong number of parameters.
>
> Paul Kienzle
> address@hidden