Re: Win32 info file

From: Tom Weichmann
Subject: Re: Win32 info file
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:23:54 -0500

On Thursday February 15 2001 01:52 pm, Reza Farivar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to load the Octave manual using the ported Win32 version of
> Octave, and I receive and error message "info not found".  Is there an easy
> way to solve this?  Or, are there other sites where I can simply download
> the full text file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Reza

Unfortunately there was a mistake make when the package you are using was put
together.  I forgot to include info!!  I am working on a new package that
solves that problem and some others as well.  I am not sure when this might
be done, but until then the only way to fix the problem is to remove the
package that you already installed, install a full version of cygwin
(www.cygwin.com) and then either compile octave from source, or download a
binary version for cygwin:

http://tech-research.buffalostate.edu/~tom/index.html

See the Cygwin section of the above page.

--
Tom Weichmnann