Re: Octave installation on Solaris 2

From: Andrew Bainbridge-Smith
Subject: Re: Octave installation on Solaris 2
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 10:46:26 +1100

> On  8-Feb-2001, Andrew Bainbridge-Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | Michel,
> |
> | I sent a posting on the topic of compiling octave on solaris 5 and 7
> sometime
> | in the last 2-3 weeks.  A summary for the fix you require is as follows:
> |
> | 1.  Run configure as normal
> | 2.  Edit config.h and comment out the line relating to gethostname()
> |     Edit config.h and comment out the line relating to getrusage()
> | 3.  Compile as usual
>
> That's one way, I suppose, but it doesn't really solve the problem
> since I'm fairly sure that these functions are available on Solaris
> systems.  Otherwise, why did configure find them?
>
> jwe

Yes you are quite right.  I don't need to do this on Solaris 7,  and as I
stated in my earlier email (some 3 or 4 weeks back) I believe this is a system
configuration problem we have here.  I just haven't been able to track this
one down at the moment and this is a quick and dirty fix that should work.

Cheers,
        Andrew