Re: Is there Common Data Format (CDF) support for Octave?

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Is there Common Data Format (CDF) support for Octave?
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:38:40 -0500

   On 24-Jan-2001, Joshua Rigler <address@hidden> wrote:

   | I see that the development branch of Octave has HDF support, but has
   | anybody put together anything for CDF support.  I can't find anything
   | through google.com.  In particular I am trying to develop code for
   | reading ISTP standard CDF files for space physics data sets. Any
   | suggestions?

   JWE wrote

   I don't know of any patches to add CDF support to Octave.

   Is there a CDF to HDF converter available?

Well, there's HDF v.4 and HDF v.5. I believe that Joshua is referring to
HDF5 extensions.

 HDF4 actually has a builtin support for CDF. I don't know offhand of
a CDF to HDF5 converter, but it shouldn't be hard to write one---CDF
is not very complex and I am pretty sure all its elements map into
HDF5 features.