Re: Error and strange message with plplot + Matwrap cannot parse plplot.

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Error and strange message with plplot + Matwrap cannot parse plplot.h
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:12:19 +0100

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 01:39:04PM +0100, Gaël Fraiteur wrote:
> Yes, I recompiled, but I didn't notice that is did not work.
>
> I noticed the following problems with my Debian Linux:
> - massage generates a segmentation fault, so I chose to by-pass it
> - matwrap cannot parse the .h file. some declarations are not recognized
> - the message "error: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type>
> type" is effectively due to the line "plplot_stub( );" because it call a
> script with parenthesis. Removing this ( ) resolves the problem
> - octave-plplot path should be located in front of LOADPATH, before "::", and
> should be terminated by "//". So, e.g. LOADPATH =
> /usr/share/octave-plplot//:::/usr/local/share/octave/matcompat21//:/usr/local/lib/octave/matcompat21//
> - since matwrap could not parse every function in the .h, some functions are
> missing, and octave-plplot does not work.

I am the maintainer of both the plplot and octave-plplot packages in Debian.
As regards the unstable distribution, my packages are in a quite bad state.
They are also outdated.  I am currently upgrading the plplot packages to the
latest upstream release (5.0.1).  PLplot_Octave will follow, but I do all
that in my spare time, which is very limited right now.  Although I cannot
promise a release date, I hope to solve the problems reported above in the
near future.

At any rate, bug reports specific to Debian should be filled using our Bug
Tracking System (bugs.debian.org) or through the Debian package reportbug).
Sending them to help-octave is almost hopeless.

--
Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden>