compile octave on Linux/Alpha

From: Yoriaki FUJIMORI
Subject: compile octave on Linux/Alpha
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:23:42 +0000

Dear folks,
I am trying to compile octave on Linux/Alpha with Compaq's ccc/cxx/fort
compiler kit.  Files that must be compiled by ccc and fort are well
compiled, but c++ files are not compiled at all by Compaq's cxx.
I should be very happy, if some kind soul could tell me tricks how
to do compilation or pointers.
Meanwhile, octave compiled by Compaq's ccc and fort and GNU's g++
is twice as fast.
Thank you for your attention.
Yoriaki FUJIMORI