Re: Unidentified subject!

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 15:35:54 -0700

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do.  Do you mean
that you want to treat each byte as a new point in time?  Then really each
byte is not a character but a value from 0-255.  Then you want to take
2048 of these points and take the fft of this sample?  I made a dummy
file called test_file that had a-z all in lower case.  I was able to read
these characters in and take the fft like so:

## open the data file
test_file = fopen("test_file","r+");
## 26 should be changed to 2048 in your case
[val, count ] = fscanf(test_file,"%s",26);
## get the ascii values of the characters
data = toascii(val);
## take the fft
fft(data);

I hope this is in the ballpark of what you are looking for.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-3277