Re: octave server ?

From: Andy Jacobson
Subject: Re: octave server ?
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:15:25 -0500 (EST)

    Daniel> Hi, has anybody ever run octave as a server (or as a
    Daniel> client) in a network tcp/ip based client/sever concept?

Hi Daniel,

   Yes, this has been done in a fashion.  The solution uses MPI calls
   to send data and commands to and from a master octave process to
   any number of clients.  I recently posted patches against octave
   2.1.31 to the octave-sources email list which enable this
   parallelization of octave.  The patches include an example script
   which operates in client-server fashion.  Whether or not this
   solution is appropriate for your problem I cannot say.

   Good luck,

        Andy

--
  address@hidden