colors

From: Lippert, Ross A.
Subject: colors
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:30:03 -0500

I know there are only the colors "rgbmcw" in the octave plot command.  For
some reason
(I guess my matlab instincts) I tried a plot(1:10,'k') and got something
which looked black
but when printed
"gset term postscript color"; gset output "plot.ps"
it comes out as yellow.

Can someone enlighten me as to what is going on here?

Secondly, this is perhaps unrelated, but when I do "help plot" I get text
with a bunch of
meta-tags in it like "@example" and "@item".  This is on a recent CVS of
2.1.31.

-r