RE: Windows 2000 (more trouble)

From: Tom Weichmann
Subject: RE: Windows 2000 (more trouble)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:05:23 -0500

> It seems like Octave installs a reduced version of the cygwin tools.
> Can I now install the complete cygwin tools? Should I expect problems?
>
> ... should be zero conflict.

NOT TRUE!!!

If you install a full version of cygwin it will write over the mount table
that is used by the octave install.  If you want to install cygwin,
there is an octave package for Cygwin users.  A link to this
package is at http://tech-research.buffalostate.edu/Šþtom/index.html

Hope This Helps,

Tom Weichmann

Tom Weichmann