Re: Compiling without f77/g77/f2c for MacOS X

From: A S Hodel
Subject: Re: Compiling without f77/g77/f2c for MacOS X
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 23:40:22 -0600

Hi Harald,

As a fellow mac user I am interested in seeing you successful in this task
(especially since MATLAB has dropped support for this platform!).

I am unable to use the MacOS X beta on my own machines due to limited free
disk
space and other issues, and so I do not have the developer tools.  Is it
possible to compile
under MacOS X the egcs or gcc distributions with g77 included?

I am unaware of any f2c conversions that are already available.  LAPACK is
available in C or C++ from netlib.org, but I don't know if they are a
"drop-in" replacement for the existing code in Octave.

Best wishes,

A. S. Hodel