xrange weirdness

From: Andy Jacobson
Subject: xrange weirdness
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:23:35 +0100

Howdy,

        I noticed a strange difference between gplot and gsplot today.
        When one explicitly specifies ranges for x, gplot appears to
        somehow reset the gnuplot autoscaling upon termination and
        gsplot does something completely different.  This causes
        unpleasantness if one subsequently tries to do something like
        plot(11:20,rand(10,1)), because the xrange is screwed up.
        "gset autoscale x" does not fix the problem.

        To manifest the problem, try:

        gsplot [-1:1] [-1:1] 'sin(x*y)'
        plot(11:20,rand(10,1))

        I can't seem to find the code for gplot or gsplot anywhere in
        the build tree.   This is Octave 2.0.16, Gnuplot 3.7 pl1,
        Debian GNU/Linux 2.2.

        Sorry to be such a pest,

              -Andy

--