plotting in Octave

From: Zlatkovic, Vladimir
Subject: plotting in Octave
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:59:50 -0400

Hello,
        I was happy to recently find out about Octave since I was for long
time MATLAB user. I ha ve OCTAVE happily running on LINUX machine for about
two months now.

        The problem is that some times I can't create a simply obvious plot.
If I print data to the screen it is there but I can't seem to be able to
plot it. The error I'm getting is "line 0: all points undefined !". I know
that data is there since I just print it to the screen. It is a single
vector I tried to plot using plot(y).

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Vlad