Re: help

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: help
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:24:55 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Barbara Zubik-Kowal wrote:

> I would like to ask how to create a postscript file for a picture made
> in octave. In matlab it is
>
> print -dps name.ps
>
> how it is in octave ?

I use this function as a shortcut:

function print(filename)
#function print(filename)
#
# Prints a plot to a given postscript-file filename

graw("set terminal postscript monochromeŠÜn");
output = sprintf("set output ŠÜ"%sŠÜ"ŠÜn", filename);
graw(output);
graw("replotŠÜn");
graw("set output ŠÜ"/dev/nullŠÜ"ŠÜn");
graw("set terminal x11ŠÜn");

endfunction

There's also a more matlab compatible print function in matcompat package
(maintained by Paul Kienzle), but I've found it to be a bit buggy.

Teemu

--
"The computer world is like a great big toy store.
 But all the toys are broken."  --Steve Witham