Re: Help on Compilation of Octave

From: Alfredo Tomasini
Subject: Re: Help on Compilation of Octave
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 17:21:35 -0700

Dear Arthur,

mandatory

upgrade upgrade upgrade ............   :)

I suggest to check also the GCC version (if you use gcc ) with gcc --version,
if you have a gcc  version above 2.72.3 could be OK.
About the compiler:
In old release like 2.72.3 the gcc is provided without C++ with 2.95 the GCC
C++ are all in the same package.

However if you have to upgrade the compile, make and so on probably you should
try to get the binary (if available) for
you machine try to check here.

ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/BINARIES/

It seams also that octave has been ported on freeBSD check

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/math/octave

Probably it will be more easy to instal it from BSD package.

Personally I do not have experience with BSD but it looks very similar to
Linux.

AlTo