Re: ANNOUNCE-New Octave for Win32

From: Michael Rakijas
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE-New Octave for Win32
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:06:53 -0700

Sorry this was previously misaddressed...

Tom,
I figured this might be of general applicability.  I tried the install on
NT 4.0 (logged in as Administrator) and it wouldn't complete.  Is this
really Octave for Win9x or Win32 generally?  Installation was somewhat
opaque so the forensics will not be perfect but octave.bat was empty after
running install suggesting that setup.bat did not run properly.  I tried
running setup with "C:ŠÜProgram FilesŠÜOctave", the install location as the
command line parameter.  In addition to sed and tar erroring out because
they were not installed, a number of references were made to
/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.31/m/startup/octaverc that were problematic
('No such file or directory' and they weren't created either).

I applaud the effort and would like to see it continue because I have a
couple of folks that I would like to get to use Octave (not to mention the
updating of my binaries to 2.1.31 from the 2.0.13 on the Octave web site).
Unfortunately, they won't until it's easy enough.  Any chance this could
get fixed?

-Rocky

"Tom Weichmann" <address@hidden>@bevo.che.wisc.edu on 08/30/2000
01:08:37 AM