Re: wavelets

From: Trond Karsten Varslot
Subject: Re: wavelets
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:02:42 +0200 (MET DST)

> Is there anyone who knows if there exist any wavelets packages to octave.
>

> Alternative anyone how knows a good free wavelet package to matlab, I might
> try to port it.

I had a look at wavelab a while ago. It is for matlab, and does heavily
rely on mex-files to do the cpu intensive stuff. You can find it at

http://www-stat.stanford.edu/Šþwavelab/

The README file says it is freeware. Source code for the mex files are
also included. You might want to talk to the authors before porting it
though.

If you decide to port this, I am very interested.

-Trond Varslot.