New to Octave...

From: Vincent von Kaenel
Subject: New to Octave...
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:05:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I'm a new user of octave, so excuse my simple question.
I have something like that in one of my script file for octave:

file_in=input("Enter the full name of the input file? ", "s");
load (file_in);
l=length(???); # I'd like the length of the matrix I just loaded here
b=fft(???); # I'd like to take the fft of the matrix just loaded but I do
not know the name of the variable...

The "input file" contains  x y data like:

0 1
1 2
3 4
4 8

I would like to load this file in a specific variable name so that I can
get the length of the matrix and process it. How can I do that when
file_in may have different values?

Thank you!

Vincent

Vincent von Kaenel