self-contained Octave scripts

From: Paolo
Subject: self-contained Octave scripts
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 16:19:18 +0200

i've written my octave scripts and now i'd like to make them executable,
i've some problem. Reading the manual
i can't compile the second example, and i don't understand something:
in my files.m there 10 functions, one load the file.dat the other make
histo, one compute the atocorrelation and so on ... to make these
function executable i've to split every funcion in a different script
file ? and how can i pass it my arguments (argv ?) ? for example the
function that load the file is:

function [mat,cols] = cxy_load(filename);
  file = fopen(filename, "r");
  if (file != 0)
    fgetl(file);
    [mat,count] = fscanf (file, "%f %f %f %f %f %f %f", [7, Inf]);
    fclose(file);
    cols = columns(mat);
  else
    print("** Error: file doesn't existŠÜn");
  endif
endfunction

how to pass the argument filename and where it puts my matrix mat

thank you, hoping non boring question

Paolo

--
Paolo Ariano
DBAU, Department of Animal and Human Biology