Octave under Xemacs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave under Xemacs
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 01:30:15 -0600 (CST)

On 28-Feb-2000, SZABO Sandor <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm not an Xemacs expert.
| I split the XWindow. In one of them I write the Octave code,
| Xemacs is in Octave mode.
| In the other window I run Octave.
| When I type == (double equal sign)
| in Octave mode (Xemacs version 20.4) I obtain the error message
| from Octave in the other window
| (1) (warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook'
| How could I avoid this? What should I do?

This doesn't seem to be a problem for me.  I'm using the latest
version of the Emacs Lisp code from the 2.1.x Octave sources and GNU
Emacs 20.4.

I've just put the current Emacs Lisp code up on ftp.che.wisc.edu in
the directory /pub/octave/emacs.  Can you please try those files and
see if you still have problems?  If so, can you please try to debug
it?

Thanks,

jwe