Re: Unidentified subject!

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:08:31 -0500

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 03:52:37PM -0600, Paskalis Glabadanidis wrote:
> I found this package on debian.org (octave-staticlibs 2.0.13.95-1) and I
> wondered if I could use it to statically link my C++ DLLs if I am running
> Octave 2.0.14. In case that's impossible do I need to downgrade my Octave to
> 2.0.13 or is there a new staticlibs package for 2.0.14?

The -staticlibs package could be used to statically link your Octave
extensions (instead of dynamically linking them). On a platform that
supports dynamic linking, such as Linux on Intel, I can see no real benefit
of doing so, but you sure could.

The 2.0.13.95 version you found corresponds to the Debian stable release
('slink'), the current frozen releases candidate ('potato') contains a
matching package for 2.0.16 which superseded the older 2.0.14 you are
looking for.

If you have any Debian specific question regarding these packages, I'd be
more than happy to discuss this off-line.

Regards,

Dirk
(Debian maintainer for Octave)

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.