Using Octave from C++

From: Dejan Beznec
Subject: Using Octave from C++
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:42:56 +0100

Hello!
I have browsed all the documentation includede in the source
distribution of Octave 2.0.16 and I couldn't find satisfactory answer.

Is it possible to use Octave functions and data types from a standalone
C++ program (not vice versa)?
For example:
----- test1.cc ------
#include <octave/oct.h>

main(){
 Matrix A;
}
---------------------
I tried to compile it with:
g++ -o test1 test1.cc -loctave -lcruft -loctinterp

and it yielded the following error:
/usr/local/lib/octave/liboctave.so: undefined reference to
`append_history'
/usr/local/lib/octave/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `dlerror'
/usr/local/lib/octave/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to
`rl_instream'
/usr/local/lib/octave/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to
`rl_read_init_file'
/usr/local/lib/octave/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `do_lio'
/usr/local/lib/octave/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `e_wsle'
/usr/local/lib/octave/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to
`history_set_pos'
/usr/local/lib/octave/liboctave.so: undefined reference to
`write_history'

[Snip]

Is there some library I forgot to include, or I have misunderstood some
major concept?

Thanks in advance!

                        Dejan