Re: ATLAS and octave (and HDF5 too!)

From: O. Scott Sands
Subject: Re: ATLAS and octave (and HDF5 too!)
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 20:44:52 -0500

"John W. Eaton" wrote:
On  4-Feb-2000, Timothy H. Keitt <address@hidden> wrote:

| Sounds good to me.

Yes, I am also interested in this.  The last time I checked up on
atlas, I thought it looked promising, but it was not really ready.
But if it supports all of the level 1 and 2 blas plus some lapack

[snip]
ms,
and it will not require tweaking the configure script for each new
vendor blas.

jwe

Thanks to some help from Van Den Eynde, Gert, I've been hacking ATLAS
into Octave bleeding edge releases now for several months. It's wonderful.
I get a 6X increase in 500X500 matrix multiplication everywhere I take it.

I wasn't aware that the WHOLE BLAS was now part of ATLAS. I guess that
I'll have to update my ATLAS!

--

O. Scott Sands
address@hidden

PS: I'm also very happy with the hdf5 patch that has been contributed by
steven j of MIT. This is the only way to store ALL of octave's data structures
in a binary format file!