Re: compile on Cray/ nonGNUcompiler

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: compile on Cray/ nonGNUcompiler
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:13:11 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Daniel Heiserer wrote:

> > I probably have most of these changes sitting in a CVS branch somewhere,
> > and if you someone really wants it, I'll dig it out.
> >

> Of course I really want it. Would be very nice for me to have
> octave on a vector-machine :-)
> So could u try to find it?

I did find it, but it was one a branch that had quite an old version
of Octave, so it's going to take some time. If I have some time next
weekend perhaps, and that's a big if.

> Maybe it can be added to the ditribution ones in runs, so further
> distributions run on even more platforms...
>
> > If you really want to try good compilers, try out KCC or something based
> > on EDG.
>
> What is KCC and EDG, where do they come from?

Edison Design Group, or EDG, makes very good C++ front-ends that various
vendors use to create their C++ compilers (http://www.edg.com/). KCC is
KAI's excellent C++ compiler (http://www.kai.com/) that uses the EDG
front-end, and so Comeau and various other vendors such as SGI/Cray, Compaq,
etc.

Regards,
Mumit