manual location

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: manual location
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:13:57 -0400 (EDT)

  royle> Hi Folks, Can someone point me to a ps version of the Octave
  royle> manual?  I located the online manual and believe that the tex file
  royle> came with the package, but I can't figure out where it's located on
  royle> my system.

Debian splits Octave into several packages, one of them is octave-doc which
contains all the .ps files:

address@hidden:~> dpkg -L octave-doc
/.
/usr
/usr/doc
/usr/doc/octave-doc
/usr/doc/octave-doc/octave.ps.gz
/usr/doc/octave-doc/liboctave.ps.gz
/usr/doc/octave-doc/refcard-legal.ps.gz
/usr/doc/octave-doc/refcard-letter.ps.gz
/usr/doc/octave-doc/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/doc/octave-doc/copyright
/usr/doc/octave-doc/changelog.gz
/usr/doc/octave-doc/Octave-FAQ.ps.gz
/usr/doc/octave-doc/refcard-a4.ps.gz

Search the Net for octave-doc_2.0.14 to find it one a mirror near you. The
.deb archive is simple an ar archive containing two tar.gz archives, you
should have no difficulty extracting the files you're after.

Regards,  Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.