chol() couldn't return an error status?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: chol() couldn't return an error status?
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:21:57 -0500 (CDT)

On 19-Aug-1999, Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:

| could't chol() accept two output arguments, being INFO one of them? Of
| course one could use a try/catch, but in name of speed/compatibility...
| I'm using octave 2.1.14.

I have the following in my ChangeLog (for both the 2.1.x and 2.0.x
source trees):

  Fri May 28 11:02:37 1999  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>

          * DLD-FUNCTIONS/chol.cc (Fchol): If two output arguments, never
          produce error message.

  Thu May 27 18:28:35 1999  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>

          * DLD-FUNCTIONS/chol.cc (Fchol): Also return info as second output.

So I think the real problem here is that there haven't been enough
development releases made lately.  I'm trying to fix that...

Thanks,

jwe