liboctave, compile time last linking error

From: Jinyoung Choi
Subject: liboctave, compile time last linking error
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:13:55 +0900 (KST)

I recently changing my OS  from Windog9x to Linux, RedHat linux.
I've installed the RedHat Linux version 6.0
and Installed the octave-2.0.14-1.i386.rpm, and also installed the f2c....rpm.

The compile options are
]#gcc -I/usr/include/octave -L/usr/lib/octave oct.cpp -loctave -lcruft -lstdc
      -lreadline -lm -lf2c -ldl -lkpathsea

and the 'oct.cpp' short test program is

#include <iostream.h>
#include <config.h>
#include <Matirx.h>

main()
{
    RowVector a(2),..
}

this example is found  at the octave home page. at 1997year faq.

the error message is

/usr/lib/octave/liboctave.so: undefined reference to `kpse_clear_dir_cache'

How to get rid off this  message?
most kpathseach modules are found at the libkpathsea.so .
Where can I find that module?

Thanks..

--- This e-mail was sent by FREE KEBI Mail System at http://mail.kebi.com/ ---