Re: Only one trace appears in gnuplot

From: Kai Mueller
Subject: Re: Only one trace appears in gnuplot
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:31:02 +0200

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 03:06:37PM -0700, Robert D. Penny wrote:
> I have just compiled and installed octave-2.0.14 on a Redhat 6.0 system.
> I've encountered a small glitch in plotting two traces on the same
> figure.  It appears that the problem occurs when gnuplot is only sent a small
> amount of data.
[snip]

I had some discussion with Gnuplot developers on this problem a year
ago. This behavior is not related to Octave or Linux, because it
can be observed also with a standalone Gnuplot on DEC Alpha with DUNIX.

Sometimes the first plot on an X-window is corrupted. After a "replot"
the plot looks ok. We didn't found a solution but it seems that
the problem has something to do with the way gnuplot creates the
X-window plot. Gnuplot draws on the background-pixmap, and an
exposure event (or other events) should make the drawings visible.
While this seems to be ok it does not always work. Maybe it's a
problem with X-windows.

Kai

--
 Kai P. Mueller
 Control Department (Regelungstechnik) | Phone [+49] (531) 391-3835